Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Month 7 in Review - Visitors!

Month 7 consisted of visitors! :) We had two groups of friends visit us in Japan. Katie and Kelly arrived on July 1st and stayed for nine days. Then three days later, Katie and Tim visited us for twelve days! Kaz and I loved having our friends in Japan! It was neat to have a bit of "home" with us here in Japan - and to be able to show our friends what our life in Japan is like. 

Kaz was able to take some time off; however, during the week, I was able to play the tour guide role - one that I don't get to play that often! I'm happy to say that most things ran smoothly and we all had a blast! All of our visitors were troopers - as we walked nearly 20,000 steps per day in an effort to show them as much of Japan as we could! 

This month's review will be a bit different. Instead of listing all of the places we visited with our guests, I created two videos - one for each trip - that showcased some of the highlights! Click on the link and ENJOY!! :)

Places Visited
*Katie and Kelly's Visit

*Tim and Katie's Visit
Watch the Video :)

Cafes Enjoyed

-Drip Mania (Tokyo)
-Elks...again :) (Nagoya)
-Steamer Coffee Company (Tokyo)
-Asan Coffee (Tokyo)
-Light Cafe (Nagoya)




Kit Kat Flavors Tasted
Orange Cocktail Noir (Special)
Shekwasha (Special)
Kumamoto Green Tea
Wa-Ichigo
Hokkaido Melon with Mascarpone Cheese



Victories
-In my eyes, both visits went quite successfully! I was rather surprised that there were no major hiccups and I have to say I feel proud that I was able to navigate much of the trips on my own! 
-Like I mentioned in my previous blog post - I had several "communication victories" this month. I definitely put myself our there more, which is something I list as a "goal" every month. 
-After our visitors returned to the US, Kaz also returned to the US on a business trip. That meant that I was alone in Japan for a whole week. It doesn't seem like a big deal; however, I was a bit nervous. Aside from being a little lonely, I enjoyed some time recouping and also getting ready for our three-week trip home to the US. 

Goals
-We will be in the US for most of August, so I hoping to study at least a bit of Japanese while I'm gone...that way I am not totally lost when we return.
-Enjoy being "home" next month! 

Sunny Moments
-Friends in Japan! :)
-Being complimented on my Japanese language skills! 
-Getting interviewed by THREE different groups of students. 

Cloudy Moments
-Heat and humidity like I have never experienced!
-Only running about four times total this month...due to the weather and schedule. I am definitely looking forward to cooler weather so I can get back into running. I am even contemplating signing up for a full marathon next year. 

Sun, clouds, and lots of love!
~Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment